What's new

surround speakers (1 Viewer)

lorenzo_OTR

Auditioning
Hi, i'm writing from Italy so excuse my orrible english.
I'm looking for a good set of surround speaker.
I need to update my classic stereo hifi. (Speakers KEF pre-amplifier Onkyo, final Proton....) Because of the good quality of the components already existing, i need a good set of speakers, but spending less of 500$. I decided for the BOSE set VCS-30 Series II....

What's your opinion????

I need also an opinion about the rear central channel for 6.1 surround... what kind of speaker is needed for this position? An other central speaker (like the front central)?

Jose G

Supporting Actor
Lorenzo,
You might want to check this thread click here . They mention a lot of good speakers. Choosing speakers is very subjective and the best thing to do is to listen to as many as you can with your favorite music. As far as Bose is concerned, on this forum, the general feeling is that Bose is an overpriced product that does not live up to the performance one would expect, and there are a lot of better speakers out there for less money. But if you like the sound- you like the sound.
In terms of the rear speaker, I think what you want is a third surround, but not a center, because you want to timbre match the speakers as best possible (have them all sound the same or close to the same). This is especially true of the mains and center. When using a rear speaker- I think it's best to keep it the same as the surrounds for the same reason- you want the sound to be even as it travels from speaker to speaker. Good luck. Chow!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks