What's new

Superbowl in HD? (1 Viewer)

Mike Capulli

Stunt Coordinator
Who knows what channels the Superbowl will be broadcasted in HD on? Im sure I can pick it up OTA on CBS, however Im not setup with an antenna for that yet. Will ESPN HD be covering it or perhaps one of the multiple NFL Network channels (the ones that play the game of the week in HD) on DirecTV?

R

RossTerry

im pretty sure it's being broadcast on CBS only. Though i do not know for sure, I would bet money it will be in HD.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
At over $2 million per 30 sec commercial, I don't think that CBS or the NFL will allow anyone else other than radio to broadcast the game simultaneously.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
ESPN is owned by ABC. There is no chance that CBS will relinquish their rights to a fierce competitor.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Plus, CBS has made it quite clear in their HD "It's all here" commercials that you will only see it in HD on CBS!!!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I spoke to a D* rep today and she said that an announcement will be released within two days as to exactly when CBS HD and FOX HD will start being offered. Definitely in time for the Superbowl though.

Alex Kelm

Auditioning
Please tell me D* means DirecTV.. I'm new here.
If that is so I am so excitied because CBS and FOX don't come in for us in HDTV here. Is this a hoax? :b So excitied! Excuse me.. Some pee is dribbling down my leg. :star: Sorry just excited.. ;) ;) ;)

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Yes D* means DirecTV. It's a pun of Echostar (Dish Network) often being abbreviated as E*.

Before you get too excited and start sprouting wood, it isn't available unless you live in a city where the local CBS station is owned by the CBS network (stations known as "O&O"), or if you live where you can't receive a local CBS signal and qualify to receive a distant CBS signal by satellite.

The cities that have CBS O&O stations are: Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Boston, Dallas, Detroit, Minneapolis, Miami, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Salt Lake City, Austin, Texas, and Green Bay.

Alex Kelm

Auditioning
Just reserached indepthly and asked for a Waiver.. Due to geographic location and trees, etc spotsy. got it so I'll probably well hopefully get it cause I got some huge ass trees loomin over.

Alex Kelm

Auditioning
Just reserached indepthly and asked for a Waiver.. Due to geographic location and trees, etc spotsy. got it so I'll probably well hopefully get it cause I got some huge ass trees loomin over.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member

And Los Angeles.

I just cut and pasted the list from DirecTV's web site. I think the reason the list excluded New York and L.A. is because people who live in these O&O cities will be getting the CBS-HD feed from either the N.Y. or L.A. CBS stations.

H

Hank

This will be the biggest HD presentation ever I believe so far, than we have The Grammy's on CBS HD and The Daytona 500 in HD on NBC.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
This is the third or fourth time the Superbowl is in HD. I know CBS has done it at least once before, and so has ABC. It will be "biggest" only in terms of how many people will be watching the HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks