What's new

"Superbit Disappoints" (1 Viewer)

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I just picked up the SB version of Snatch and it looks amazing.

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator
I too just picked up the SB version of Snatch. I only have a 27" Vega (with 16:9 squeeze), but I did notice some slight improvements from the original. I imagine those improvements will be even more noticeable on a larger screen.

BrentPollard

Second Unit
What disappoints me about Superbit titles (and it's just a nitpick) has nothing to do with the picture or sound. I wish they would put booklets in once and awhile. Maybe stills from deleted scenes, a little essay etc. When you visit the Criterion homepage you can read essay's on many of their titles, I think that would be cool for some of the Superbit 's Das Boot has only a single chapter sheet for cryin' out loud.:frowning:

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
Wow! It's really interesting to see so many differing views on the Dracula transfer. Unfortunately I do not own the DVD or I'd watch it again with a more critical eye. I just remember this movie standing out in my mind as looking rather poor especially for a Superbit title. I thought the sound was excellent though. Perhaps the problems are inherent in the film?

How do we determine the quality a good transfer of a poor film print? I've never really thought about that before. I just look at the finished product and say "does it look good or not." :D

Gregory

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
i didn't the the superbit DRACULA looked "amazing", but it was nice looking. can't imagine anyone thinking it looked horrible....

i still think the best transfer ever is a non-superbit title - THE LAST WALTZ. am i crazy?

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
I bought the r4 Superbit of Dracula and found the picture quality to be incredible. I tried it on my PC as well, upscaled to 1280x1024 and it looked almost like hi-def it was that impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks