What's new

'Super Mario Sunshine' is really beginning to frustrate!!! (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I love the game. It's a load of fun, and I'm not in the 'disappointed because its just Mario 64 with a graphical upgrade' camp. But the difficulty of some of the tasks is seriously beginning to get under my skin. I've got all the shines in 4 of the worlds, but am stuck in 3 of the others because of 1 bothersome task which I can't complete. can anyone give me any pointers on how to put these drearily tiresome challenges to bed:
1) Ricco Harbor, Episode 8 - Yoshi's Fruit Adventure
Some of these jumps are I...N...F...U...R...I...A...T...I..N...G
2) Sirena Beach, Episode 6 - Scrubbing Sirena Beach
Even my best attempt only had 2/3 of the beach cleaned.
3) Noki Bay, Episode 4 - Eely-Mouth's Dentist
This has to be the most frustratingly awkward part of any game I've ever played. Spraying water into a narrow crack while underwater, having to collect coins to stay alive while you're doing it. Come on! :angry:
Any help appreciated.

James Slade

Second Unit
Hi,

the beach level should be easy, are you using the eater filled barrels? And spraying and walking at the same time?
doing these two things you should beat that level easily!

I can't remember the mouth dentist level exactly.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Hehe, you've found at least one of my hairpulling moments Paul, I'll give you that.
Here's my advice:
1) Fruit Adventure - save it for later :D It's not as hard as it looks, but it is DAMN difficult and I haven't done it yet. You don't have to do it to finish the game though.
2) As noted above, use the water barrels. You cannot slack on this map for a second. Another useful move is to run into a huge patch of sludge (as in, next to it) and do Mario's spin move (where you twirl the control and spray water, shooting it in a nice 360 arc) then clean up the rest with quick gushes.
3) I nearly picked up my GameCube and field goal kicked it trying to do the Eely-Mouth level, but there's something you haven't found yet and it's the key to getting things done. In addition to sludge, Eely-Mouth actually coughs up air bubbles at times, so you DON'T actually have to get the coins, just watch for the air bubbles and grab one of those.
It should make things MUCH easier.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
:b Sorry. If anything its testament to how frustrating this game is.

btw, love the sig quote. The new series of Alan Partridge is really excellent. Such a long hiatus, and yet still as fresh and hilarious as the first!

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
btw, love the sig quote. The new series of Alan Partridge is really excellent. Such a long hiatus, and yet still as fresh and hilarious as the first!
Want a Mars Bar? Swivel! :) Don't forget the fortcoming I'm Alan DVD re-issue (nov 25th), now with added Alan commentary & more!
Dan

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
1) If there's one thing I can take pride about Yoshi's Fruit Adventure, I did it the hard way using only one fruit for Yoshi. Otherwise, there's a tree near one of the platforms where you can get a different fruit. This will cause the enemies you squirt on to turn into elevator platforms, as opposed to platforms that just go foward and backwards.

2) Use water barrels and do it fast.

3) Eh, takes time.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Until I found out the easy way for the Yoshi's Fruit Adventure, it was insanely difficult. For the other two, they were both not that hard.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
1. The Yoshi Fruit board was unbelievably frustrating for me for about an hour or two... I'm glad I never have to do it again.

2. Like others have said, just throw a lot of those water barrels around and remember that you can leave some really small slices of paint on the ground and still complete the board.

3. It's funny, I've heard of a few people that had problems with that board as well, but I got it on my first try. I just guess I was used to the water control.

Glen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks