What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Super Mario Maker 2 (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

The night, snow and desert levels are a huge plus. I still wish there was a color editor for the enemies/allies (Grey Goombas, Blue Koopas etc.) as that is still my most wanted feature in a MM game but I will make do with what is given...I guess.

By the way anyone picking this up? We will have to share levels.

Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
The possibilities for design seem almost endless in this one, but I'm a terrible designer so my uploaded level hasn't gotten much love. My biggest complaints are that I needed a stylus to design levels painlessly (using the touch screen in handheld mode), and that it's too hard to find friends' levels. Friend codes in 2019? Apparently so!

I'm more of a player than a designer, so the story mode is welcome this time around. It has the added benefit of giving me good ideas for levels, should I want to design any more.

I wish the most popular levels in Course World had fewer gimmicks. Torture ("Kaizo") and automatic levels are fun to sample, but I prefer levels that have a moderate level of difficulty, a nice theme, and a cohesive structure. With so many levels being uploaded, I suppose crowdsourcing has limits for bringing the best to the top.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Super Mario World level " 3 Magic Coins"

FJJ-SV3-7NF

I try making my levels more fun than torture.

I hope you like it.

bodinatorry

Auditioning
Real Name
jericko

The night, snow and desert levels are a huge plus. I still wish there was a color editor for the enemies/allies (Grey Goombas, Blue Koopas etc.) as that is still my most wanted feature in a MM game but I will make do with what is given...I guess my ip birthday wishes tneb.

By the way anyone picking this up? We will have to share levels.

I'm more of a player than a designer, so the story mode is welcome this time around. It has the added benefit of giving me good ideas for levels, should I want to design any more.

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I really hate this game. The whole idea is to share levels in which other players online can experience them. I don't know if it is the algorithm of how other players find my levels or something different. No one is playing the levels I upload, and not to sound conceited, but they are damn good levels most of which I created took between 12 or more hours. Solid, and fun with an emphasis on traditional Mario level design.

Super MArio Maker on the WiiU I was a rock star! On the Switch...crickets. Which makes it all the more frustrating when the levels I play are either garbage, very, very poorly designed death traps, or auto tuned walk throughs that get the visitors in the thousands and hundreds of "likes".

I love the creation set of features on SMM2, but it is rather pointless creating levels for just myself. Broken, selling it soon on E-Bay!

A shame too as this was my most anticipated game for 2019. This could have been the best ever. Utterly heartbreaking!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks