What's new

Summer is over! Yay! (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I'm uncomfortable in my own skin and I don't think I can last in L.A. very much longer. The only thing that keeps me from going to NE is that the Summers can be uncomfortably hot and humid whereas in Sweden
Just head up Interstate 101 400 miles and get off on Duboce Street and veer right off Market street. Keep going West until you find a temperture you like. It drops a few degrees every few blocks. By 35th ave even vampires would not have to worry about daylight @noon in the summer. People call in UFO sightings when the sun does come out.

Stephen_Opipari

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen
I love fall, it's my favorite season. The cool brisk smelling air, the colors, the crunch of leaves underfoot. Halloween, Thanksgiving, the start of the christmas season. It feels so relaxed and comfortable.

I like cold, snowy, Michigan winters too. Love sitting in front of the fireplace with a movie running, under a blanket with a nice warm cup of tea. Ahh! And, doing 4 wheel drifts in fresh snow in parking lots in my A4 is a blast too. In fact, the most fun of driving is in the winter where you can have off road fun...on road. ;)

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I've always liked Winter. I liked Jason's little poem there, except I thought it sounded good! :) I've always overcast/cloudy days, and moderate temperatures. Rain's good too. I have never liked sunny days and never will, probably. Perhaps it comes from being one of those pale people who never tans (I go from white --> burned). And, like the optometrist said when I was young, I have very light sensitve eyes. I AM A VAMPIRE, mwah ha ha.

Did I mention hornets it the summer? I HATE hornets, I am scared of them (but bees don't really scare me).

My logical justification: During the winter, you can always put on more, warmer clothes. During the summer, there's only so many clothes you can take off. :D And then, you just end up sunburned.

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
I love winter and snow. I'm glad summer is ending. I've always enjoyed fall as each day gets cooler and I know the snowfall is one day sooner!

I think I like snow so much because I grew up in eastern Washington (Tri-Cities area) and it was WAY too hot. It would get over 100 all the time in the summer. People assume that the entire NW is like Seattle but thats far from the truth. So whenever it would cool off I'd love it. And since it only snows a couple times a year there I always used to really love to watch the weather and hope for snow.

These days I live in Spokane and it is MUCH snowier (sp?). I love the weather (although its still too hot in the summer).

I also like the shorter days because I like night better than day. Not sure why, just always have.

-Marshall

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks