What's new

Suggestions for my Energy C-2s (1 Viewer)

Thomas_Riel

Agent
I'm in the process of building my HT. I have a pair of Energy C-2s that I will use as my mains. I'm looking for suggestions on what surrounds and center speakers may be appropriate with these. The Energy RVSS surrounds and the AC300 center is too steep for my budget on speakers which is around $600US. Also while I have your undivided attention, my understanding is that the C-2's are power hungry. Would the Onkyo 595 or the Outlaw 1050 have any problem driving these in a moderate size room?
Thanks............ Tom :)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Tom,
If I were you I'd try to get the AC300 which is a very nice center channel speaker(not to mention a perfect match for your C-2's) and possibly get something a little less expensive for the rears such as the exl 15 's . You can always save up for the RVSS down the road.
My 2 cents:)

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I agree I'd make sure you got the AC300 or look around for a used RVS which is the older centre but a perfect match for the C-2's (its what I used to have with my C-2's. The RVSS are exceptionally good rears but if you have save money anywhere buy an AC300 and use what ever you can for rears...at least for now.

ikiru

Stunt Coordinator
I have a pair of C-2s and an AC300 for my center. I recommend it. For my surrounds, I bought a used pair of e:XL-16s. I dont have any complaints. In the future, I might upgrade my mains and move the C-2s to the rear.

Good Luck!

-ikiru

Thomas_Riel

Agent
Thanks guys for your responce. I guess I'm going to try and find AC300 used somewhere and take it from there.: eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks