What's new

Suggestion for a Classic TV on DVD Marathon: The Great Jesse White (1 Viewer)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
He finished his career by appearing as the lonely repairman for Maytag, but Jesse White (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0924964/?ref_=tt_cl_t6) was a prolific character actor who appeared on lots of classic tv shows. Although he usually played other roles, for me his best performances were as conmen or hustlers. Here’s a suggestion for a Jesse White marathon of shows now thankfully all on DVD:

1. BEVERLY HILLBILLIES: Jed Buys the Freeway. White plays H.H.H. Jones, ostensibly from “back home.” He tries to cheat the Clampetts, but ole Jed sees through him.

2. THE MUNSTERS: Movie Star Munster. White plays J.R. Finlater, one of two operators whose plan is to find a dupe to "star" in a motion picture, buy life insurance on him, and then bump him off. Their mark: Herman Munster.

3. HERE’S LUCY: The Case of the Reckless Wheelchair Driver. When Lucy bumps into someone while in a wheelchair, White seeks to extort money from her in a personal injury lawsuit.

4. YOGI’S GANG: Mr. Cheater. In my favorite episode of the series, White voices the role of Peter D. Cheater, a slick operator who tries to con Yogi Bear and his gang of funny animals out of their flying ark.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
OK....throw in WWW b/w episode "The Night of the Whirring Death"....TZ's "Cavendar's Coming" and Naked City's "Torment Him Much and Hold Him Long".....and that's the extent of my knowledge from the Jesse White TV menu.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Enjoyed him in a Donna Reed episode with James Darren ("April Fool") but I got tired of seeing him on "That Girl," where for awhile he seemed to pop up almost every other week, usually as a different character.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
DaveHof2 said:
Enjoyed him in a Donna Reed episode with James Darren ("April Fool") but I got tired of seeing him on "That Girl," where for awhile he seemed to pop up almost every other week, usually as a different character.
That's funny! I was just about to mention that I can only remember him from That girl. Didn't realize he did 5 episodes.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
How about Jesse White in an episode of "The Texan" titled "Private Account" and a "Man With a Camera" episode titled "Fragment of a Murder".

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
Oh this is weird.....I just came on to the forum.....saw this post.....as I am reading who Jesse White is (and realizing he was the Maytag guy......who pops up on my T.V. screen.......Jesse White.....I was watching an old movie "The Bad Seed" in which he is in....totally freaked me out......LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks