What's new

Subwoofer - Room Size Question (1 Viewer)

RenoV

Agent
I've been considering getting a replacement for my current sub (Velodyne VA-8100X) as I would like deeper and harder hitting bass. I would LOVE to get a SVS 25-31PCi but alas, the WAF is prohibiting me from gettin one :frowning:
So my next choice of sub is the Hsu VTF-2 which leads into my question. Would that sub be sufficient in the following room:
16'x12', The ceiling starts out at 8' and slopes upward right to left (facing the TV/system) to 10' with a 6'x10' opening into the dining room/kitchen and an open staircase into the basement. There is also a 4'x7' opening in the left rear of the room leading to a hallway.
Would the VTF-2 give me a significant improvement over the Velo or would I need to go with something else?
Thanks,
Reno

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
The Hsu would be a big upgrade over the VA-8. Off the top of my head I would guess you will have about 8-10dB more headroom.(about 3x the bass) and deeper extension.

TV

Joe.Kuta

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, get the Hsu VTF-2.
8-10dB = sounding twice as powerful. (3x the intensity)

From all of the threads i have read about VTF-2 vs. 25-31PCi, i have gathered that they are VERY comparable, with the PCi having the slight edge.

You will be happy. If you need huge bass, consider the VTF-3, but i think you should be more than happy w/ the VTF-2.

David King

Stunt Coordinator
I would LOVE to get a SVS 25-31PCi but alas, the WAF is prohibiting me from gettin one
So whats her problem with the 25-31? They can match any subs as far as looks are concerned. They are not going to take up any more footspace or anything. Call me stupid, but I think it looks rather elegant in the corner.

Sounds more to me like she doesn't want you to spend the money on a new sub. In which case the Hsu is out of the question too.

RenoV

Agent
Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate your comments.
David,
In my setup the only place I can put a sub is in front of the entertainment center (which takes up the entire wall) The SVS is too tall and would be partially blocking the first couple shelves. I've tried every argument I can to get the SVS, including how her entertainment center is taking up the entire wall and I can't even partially block a couple shelves but as you can see I wasn't too successful in my attempts. Maybe I need some pointers from the guy who convinced his wife that a plasma screen in the bedroom was a good idea ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks