What's new

Subwoofer plate amps that have eq.. (1 Viewer)

Tyler

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for a Subwoofer plate amp that has some built in eq for more low end.
My price range is under $150 if there is none i think i will go with the apex jr. or rack up some more money to buy the AVA250
Thanks for any input :) :)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Just about all of them have eq built-in (non-adjustable, except by a procedure like the one below), in the form of a bass-boost/rumble filter. For instance, Parts Express' version of the AVA250 has a boost of 6db @ 30z, below which it rolls off the response. This is pretty useless in most instances, so the boost can be disabled or changed. It involves changing/soldering resistors, so is not an easy thing to do if you've no electronics experience. This is the procedure in detail.
Adire's AVA250 has the eq customised to be much more useful, and is worth the extra $30 vs. the Apex.
The new amps from Adire appear to have a more flexible eq arrangement, but they start at $500 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks