What's new

Subwoofer Install help.....baffled.... (1 Viewer)

chad s

Auditioning
Hello Everyone,

I am generally a lurker and not a poster. I have a fairly modest system. However, I have just moved into a home and now I am able to pull the subwoofer out of storage. I am having some issues as far as it playing that I am quite baffled on. The Sub will only play when I play a movie or game out of the PS3. The sub doesnt sound for watching anything on regular tv, xbox 360, blue ray player or from just playing the radio player on my receiver.
I have direct tv going into HDMI 1 on the TV. I have HDMI 2 from the tv going to the Stereo Receiver and from the stereo I have HDMI 1 going to the PS3 and HDMI 2 going to the blue ray player. It is just so baffling why it wont work for anything else. I have some sort of calibration dvd that came with my blue ray player. I put it in and run the test and it does test tones and plays all the speakers and when it goes to the sub...nothing..however put that same DVD in the PS3 and it plays fine. I run a test on the stereo receiver and I have all speakers play the test tones on the receiver, the sub comes on just fine. I dont get it...Any Advice for a novice???

thanks
Receiver Pioneer VSX-81 TXV

Speakers JBL Studio L Series

Sub Velodyne CT-100

http://www.jbl.com/EN-US/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?PID=L890CH-H&accT=1&tsT=0&ovT=1

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/HomeEntertainment/AV-Receivers/EliteReceivers/VSX-81TXV

Chad

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Have you done the MCACC calibration with the Pioneer? When I run mine, it always sets my speakers to large. I change the setting to route all bass from 80hz and lower to my sub.

What kind of audio are you getting out of your Blu-Ray? Is your receiver showing DD, DTS or any of the HD audio formats? Same with the DirecTV receiver. Do you have it outputting Dolby Digital? I think the default is PCM (stereo). Plus you need to be watching an HD channel or a premium movie channel for DD audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks