What's new

Subwoofer Cables? (1 Viewer)

NickScott

Stunt Coordinator
I currently use the AR Master252 (15') cable, and I need something longer(20-25'). I like AR Master cables, but I am wondering what other ppl are using and what do you think of them?
Thanks,

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Of all the cables in your system, the subwoofer cable takes the least demands.

I have used a long, AR Pro2 video cable for my SVS subwoofer and for a while, it was 25' of Radio Shack CATV coax with "F-to-RCA" adaptors.

I think I am currently using an AR video cable in the 10' range.

The AR Master series has a good reputation at least for their component video cables. I would imagine their single cables are likewise built really well.

ken-m

Agent
nick,

i use the monster cable mb400. i have the onkyo tx-sr501 and a polk psw202 and the bass is very clean and defined. i highly recommend this cable. paid 59.99 at bb.

ken

Ed_A

Stunt Coordinator
Nick,
I use a Canare cable: LV-77S. I have had zero problems with it; great cable. I run it between an SVS and a Denon receiver. It's a 7 foot length. Actually, I'm going to be relocating my subwoofer to another corner of the room, and I'll be getting another cable, but at about 30 feet in length. Try bluejeanscable.com I haven't used them but they have good prices and I have heard good things about them through this forum (disclaimer: I don't work for them or see a dime from them). I'm thinking I'll be getting my next subwoofer cable through them. For a 20' length you could get the LV-77S for about $30, or they have a Belden cable that would be about $21.

There was a post a few days ago by one of the administrators (I think) on this forum titled somthing like "Cables for beginners". It had a good explanation about cables and a bunch of links to various cable companies, where bluejeanscable.com was one of them. Try searching for that post to find info on other cable companies.

Good luck,
Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks