What's new

Subwoofer cable (1 Viewer)

CaseyLS

Second Unit
I just ditched my Sony HTiB on a friend for $200 bucks. I paid $300 and charged $200 so basically I paid for the name and he paid for the product.

Well any before I hijack my own thread, I was just wondering if 35 bucks for am AR sub cable is a good deal. Now that I have a some-what decent reciever, a Marantz 4200, would it be a good investment and would I notice a difference between that and a regular RCA cable. Thanks in advance.

Casey

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I've always found that the higher the frequency, the more sensitive the signals are to the cable.

A subwoofer carries a very small bandwidth and very low frequency sound. This means nearly any decent RCA cable will work.

So long as your existing cable is a shielded coaxial cable (about the thickness of your CATV coax) and the RCA plugs fit snug, I doubt you will notice any difference.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
As long as you have a fairly short run, the cables that are recommended here so far will more than do the job. For long runs, I always recommend RG6 with F-RCA adaptors rather than expensive (long) custom sub cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks