What's new

Sub for Less Than $130 -- PSW303 (1 Viewer)

Ben->D

Auditioning
I'm looking into buying a sub; i can buy the PSW303 for $125.98 but I'm wondering if there is anything better that I can get for less than $130. The PSW303 would seem to be a good deal to me, and I can get it cheaper than a lot of other subs probably, but are there other subs out there that people would suggest to me which they think sound better? I only wonder because I've heard people weren't too happy with the Polk Audio Subs, and with the PSW303 being one of the models mentioned.

Topher

Stunt Coordinator
Ben, I have a PSW303 and really like it. I would like a little more power, but I didn't purchase this sub. I won it from Polk's website. They were running some drawing and I actually won this sub, absolutely free of charge. Since I didn't have a sub yet, I couldn't have been happier. I have tested other subs, but in a higher price range. I think the 303 is a great buy for $125, but I am sure other people, whom have experience with other subs, could give you some other options as well. I will say that I use it for %90 movies and it is fine for my apartment. It has nice tight bass for music and can make my floor shake a bit. When I get a house and can really crank the volume, I will want something that goes lower and louder. Of course, $125 won't buy that.

Thomas Nichols

Stunt Coordinator
I was looking for a cheap sub to go with my budget system. www.partsexpress.com has free shipping for the next two days so I ordered the 10" Dayton. I figured for 124$ how can you go wrong. I should get it by Friday. I will let everyone know what I think.

Ben->D

Auditioning
I work at an Electronics store, and that's one of the things I can get for a really good discount.

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
I had a PSW202 before and it was really disappointing. The 202s and 303s often get bundled up with Polk packages anyways so if you're going to spend $130 on a sub, you might want to look into spending $400 or $500 (depending on the offer given) and get the Polk sub for free.

My issue with the 202 was that it was very slow (so it didn't blend very well) and fatiguing. I can't really give you any more info than that - and I don't have a medium reference point for you because after that experience, I quickly sold it and acquired an SVS. It's definitely the difference between two extremes.

Ben->D

Auditioning
Has anybody hear heard the Dayton Sub? It looks good for the price, but if anybodys heard it in action I'd like to know how well it held up compared to the Polk Audios or just subs in general.

The Sony looks good but, when I add on the S&H, the price just goes over my budget.

Ian-Fl

Second Unit
The Dayton 10" is an excellent sub. I hooked onto it because people were raving about the previous version called the DLS-10. People thought it was a $200 sub for $125.
It's 100 watts is tight and clean and has kept me well entertained.

Thomas Nichols

Stunt Coordinator
I have had the sub for a few days and I really like it. I think it sounds better than my friends Sony(the smaller one). Of course it may just be our setups that cause the difference. I think the Dayton is fantastic value for the money. For the price, I am super happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks