What's new

Sub Connection!! (1 Viewer)

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
When I get my sub what would be the cheapest cable i could run to it. I only have a single pre out for the sub on my receiver so I guess I would only run a mono cable to the sub. I would like to get it in about 24' just in case I want to run it to the other side of the room. I don't wanna spend over 40 on a cable. I would like it to be around 25-30 dollars.

Thanks

Jamie

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
If your local bestbuy type store has budget composite videl cable..you might be able to pick up a nice 8m length for about $20. Composite cable usually works great because it is well shielded.

TV

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Radio Shack 25' CATV Coax cable (with F connectors pre-installed) + 2 "F-to-RCA" adaptors: $12 at Radio Shack.

Neil R

Agent
Check out rhinocables.com. They use belden 89259 teflon coax. Build quality and customer service is first rate. Took the boominess out of my sub from The monster sub cable it replaced.

Neil R

Agent
I'm not a cable expert, but have tried numerous speaker, power, digital and IC cables and found that they all sound different in my system. Cables make a big difference. My guess with the differences in the sub cables are the dielectric being teflon with a teflon cover and the best belden coax in the rhino and pvc in the monster. I use the belden 19364 & 83803 in my DIY PCs with wattgate iecs and marinco plugs and have the sound of $300 pcs. For more info on why cables do what, go to the cable asylum at audioasylum and search for john risch posts.

My system:

Magnepan 10.1s with modified crossovers and analysis plus cable wired directly to the panels.

Odyssey Stratos amp.

HK 510 receiver.

Acoustic Zen WOW ICs.

Acoustic zen silver photon digital

HSU VTF-2 Sub

Rhino sub cable

PS Audio Ultimate Outlet

DIY PCs

jehremy

Grip
I would really like to see a FR for your sub with your "special cable" and a cheap Radio Shack cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks