What's new

Stupid guy with questions... (1 Viewer)

ShaneS

Auditioning
Hi everyone. Im real dumb when it comes to home audio stuff, so ill try to sum this up real easy.

I need a receiver for my TV because when i watch Dvds, i have to crank the volume on the TV to hear it right and when i do i just get that nasty buzz sound.

So what i wanted to do was, being that i need a new stereo, i figured id get a stereo with Audio In/Out on it, that way i can just use whatever new stereo i get as the receiver.

Am i correct with this? Will this do? Or am i completely wrong?

Thanx!!

-Sin

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. First off, there are no stupid questions. If you want just stereo, i.e. 2 channels (left and right), you're probably right. However, most DVDs will have surround sound, which needs a more complex receiver. Maybe someone else will point you to a home theater FAQ, where you can learn the basics of the technology and concepts involved. It's not hard, but you might want to go over something like that before you spend any money, just so you know exactly what you want. I know that the administrators of this site were working on a FAQ. Check the "Basics" forum, maybe you'll find more information there.
Oh, and also welcome to the hobby/addiction :)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Welcome :crazy:
You are correct. The "stereo" in this case would be a reciever. The receiver should be able to take the signal from both the TV and DVD and amplify it.

ShaneS

Auditioning
thanx for the replys, guys!

next question, i guess, would be, what is the cheapest way to do it?

i dont have much to spend..around $200...only cause im moving soon, so i have to save up for that.

thanx again!

-Sin

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
IMHO, it is a WOFTAM to get a cheap receiver and buy another one later. Why don't you just wait?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks