What's new

Stryke Thunder 12.3 (1 Viewer)

eric nyhof

Stunt Coordinator
I am thinking about building the thunder 12.3 in a little while. I want to design up a box for it right now while I still have some free time. I am thinking of putting the PR's on adjacent corners and having the av12 downfiring. I will probably be using the 500W parts express plate amp to power it.

My question is does anyone know the dimensions of the 15" PR's from Stryke. I can't seem to find them on their website. I basically want to know the cut out diameter and the depth so I can figure out how to make some braces.

The box will be 18.5" cubed which gives 3.66 cubic feet, so that should be enough extra to compensate for the drivers, amp and braces.
If anybody else has built the thunder, how does it sound?

Sebastian

Second Unit
Eric,
I would stick with the volume that John recommends. I don't think John worries to much about how much the driver, PR's and amp displace because it so small. I used to have link to the Thunder design with all the cutouts/dimensions and how to lay it out on a sheet of MDF. The diagrams has all the info you need to make a Thunder 12.3. I still have it on e-mail. If you want I can e-mail you the attachment?

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
I have a Thunder 12.3 with AV12 in progress, but since I'm doing the college thing the project is on hold. It will be cool when it's done, though. All it needs are a few miscellaneous parts. I hooked the amp to the woofer and ran it in free air to break-in the driver, and that AV12 has quite a bit of excursion.

Aaron Smithski

Stunt Coordinator
Eric,

I have the American Cherry Thunder 12.3 cabinet that is displayed on the Stryke site. I just measured the diameter of the cutout for the PR at 15.75". I remember when installing them that the hole seemed a bit large for the PR though...you may want to get an "official" measurement from John.

It is a very competent subwoofer! The room it is in is about 6000 cubic feet, so it is not overwhelming but it does pressurize nicely.

Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks