What's new

Stock qty of Silence of the Lambs Pan and Scan vs Widescreen (1 Viewer)

paul_v

Second Unit
I went to Best Buy yesterday to buy some DVDs. The bad news is that they were sold out of the widescreen version of the Silence of the Lambs. The good news is that it looked like the pan and scan version was still in full stock...like no one had bought it. There may be hope for J6P yet!
------------------

SteveK

Supporting Actor
I found the same thing today at my local BB. They had MANY copies of the full-screen SOTL, but I only saw ONE Widescreen copy. Hopefully, even if studios don't recognize that the public wants widescreen, perhaps the stores will and simply won't order but a few copies in the P&S version. Sooner or later, even the WB's of the world will get the message. Sales figures are certainly a better indicator of consumer preference than "market research".
At least the boxes were CLEARLY labelled as to fullscreen or widescreen. I'll give them that much credit. Let's hope the clearly marked fullscreen boxes sit on the shelves and collect dust.
Steve K.

Stefan A

Second Unit
Today I bought the last widescreen copy of SOTL at BB just as they were restocking the widescreen version. There must have been 30 or so P&S sitting there :)
Stefan Antwarg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks