What's new

Steven Seagal's Letterbox 2000 (1 Viewer)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Was watching a rerun of MadTV and saw this skit for the first time. Great stuff.
Starts off explaining (really basically) what letterboxing is, by having Will fighting someone you can't see. Will tells us how they have to cut the film all to hell to get it to fill your TV and that letterboxing allows you to see the whole picture. They then go letterboxed and you can see the guy he is fighting and a guy behind him with a gun.
He then explains how he has come up with a better letterboxing. Steven Seagal's Letterbox 2000. They then go to this, which is about a 5:1 aspect ratio. You can now see several sets all at once. Will finishes his fight and walks around to the far left of the screen. Someone says something benign to him and he then proceeds to break the necks of every person on the set :laugh:
I love Will's parodies of Steven Seagal, they are some of the best skits on MadTV :emoji_thumbsup:

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
i'm not usually a fan of MadTV but that scene was hilarious. the other good MadTV skit i liked was the one about the FBI taking custody of the (forgot the name) families home videos. it was the family that filmed JFKs assasination and the skit consisted of other family events (birthdays and such) where family members were randomly hit by snipers.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that Segal thing is really funny. It was sort of making fun of us pro-OAR people though. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Man I wish I had seen that! :laugh:
Will Sasso rules! I also love that home improvement charactor he does where he's always severely injuring himself! :laugh::laugh:

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
I'm kinda partial to his parodies of Kenny Rogers.

"Hey kidth! Are you at rithk for Tethticular Canther? If you're afraid to squeethe 'em, I'll check 'em for ya!"

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Will Sasso's parody of Randy Newman was an all-time classic. He absolutely nailed Newmans singing style and songs (or should that be song, they all seem to be the same).

Adam

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Will Sasso's parody of Randy Newman was an all-time classic. He absolutely nailed Newmans singing style and songs (or should that be song, they all seem to be the same).
:laugh: Indeed.. I have NEVER been able to hear a Randy Newman song since without laughing, or giggling a bit.. I watched Toy Story the other night.. any time he started singing I just had the skit in my mind.
It's funny, because I usually dislike MadTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks