What's new

Staying a generation behind saves you LOTS of money (1 Viewer)

StevenK

Second Unit
;)
Since I've renewed my interest in the DC (thanks to my new projector), I've been buying games and accesories for dirt cheap. And ya know what? these games are NEW TO ME and the graphics hold up very well (obviously not XBox level, but what is?)
Since I'm on this roll of cheap gaming, I picked up some $10 PC games (Homeworld:Cataclysm, Fallout 2, and Myth 2). F-ing A! I'm having such a great time with these games. The graphics still looks fantastic and the gameplay is excellent. But the best part is the price!
I'm sold on old-school gaming now! For the price of Halo for the XBox, I got 3 great PC games and 2 great DC games.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
No offense, but thats not really old-school gaming yet. Old-school is probably something at or before the SNES/Genesis era.

Nathan A

Second Unit
old-school definitions aside, i know exactly what you're talking about, steven. i bought a saturn just as it was dying and not only got a ton of great stuff for dirt cheap, but i also was fortunate enough to pick up panzer dragoon saga and shining force 3 (although those were full price, it's much much cheaper than they go for now). i remember picking up 2 or 3 of those 3D saturn pads for 2.99 (new) at EB. 2.99 each!

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
You should grab Monkey Island 1 and 2, Sam and Max Hit the Road, and Star Control 2 (all for the PC)...dirt cheap, some of the greatest games of all time! :)

StevenK

Second Unit
Max,

not an adventure gaming fan...monkey island series does nothing for me.

As for Star Control 2, hell yeah. I actually already got a copy. I actually bought it for FULL PRICE the first day it came out!

But like Morgan alluded too, I'm not really talking about old-old school gaming....just the previous generation gaming.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Star Control 2 is virtually unplayable on a modern PC
Gamespot reported las week there' a remake underway under the Title The Ur-Quaan Wars (some copyright issue)

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Not exactly old school, but I just got Giants: Citizen Kabuto and Deus Ex GOTY with a Sound Blaster Audigy card that I bought. Both are very fun games, especially Giants. I wish I would have gotten them sooner. I think they can be had for about $20 each. If your able to, try playing them with Quincunx antialiasing, it makes a world of difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks