What's new

Stars Wars EP V no center voices (1 Viewer)

steve-gos

Auditioning
I just hooked up Sherwood 6.1 digital receiver RD 7108. (great deal-paid $93 new!). Anyway, I am using an Apex AD-800 DVD player w/built in decoder. Tested my hook up w/Empire strikes back in dolby digital EX (auto detected the sound source). The center speaker produced no voice track-just backround sound. Still fiddling with the 6.1 features, would the Apex cause a problem because of the decoder? It's hooked up thru digital coaxl if that helps.

Tony Loewen

Stunt Coordinator
Is there any chance you have the front and rear center's mixed up, if not, is there any chance that the receiver has the front and rear centers mixed up? Do you have any sound coming out of the rear center, and if so, is that where the voice tracks went?

Stranger things have happened...

Just curious, why was it so cheap, was there maybe something wrong with it?

steve-gos

Auditioning
I'll check the rear center and see if that's the problem. Bought it at outpost.com last week $79 + shipping new.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you use a digital connection, which you must be using for the receiver to detect the format, you are not using the built in decoder in the Apex, so that is not it.

I'm with John on this one, first suspect would be that something is connected wrong, and what Tony said is what I would check first.

Next thing to check are your settings in the player and the receiver. Your receiver picked up DD-EX, so that would suggest you have the player configured correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks