What's new

Star Wars Info, Please (1 Viewer)

BobHaymond

Stunt Coordinator
I've never had a DVD nor even a reasonable TV but have now ordered a pretty good set of stuff including a HD 16:9. So that gets me to looking into the "Star Wars" scenario. Quite frankly, I haven't been able to figger it out? If someone has already been thru this, I'd sure appreciate it if they'd share. Things I'd like :

i) a translation between titles and number[it's like "Who's on First"]

ii) Which are on DVD

iii) Which have wide screen versions

Actually, I'm horrendably enjoying the new activity.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Hey, Bob! Welcome!
To answer your questions:
1. I'm not exactly sure what you mean here, but if you're looking for the "full" SW titles, here you go:
Star Wars: Episode 4 - A New Hope* (1977)
Star Wars: Episode 5 - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
Star Wars: Episode 6 - Return of the Jedi (1983)
Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace (1999)
Star Wars: Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones (2002)
Star Wars: Episode 3 - -untitled- (2005)
2. Aside from Episode 1 (a damn good DVD if you ask me and thousands more), none of the Star Wars movies are yet on DVD. The latest "news" is that the original trilogy won't see DVD until after Episode 3 hits theaters. Fortunately, there are hundreds of fantastic DVDs to keep you entertained while you're waiting! (Might I suggest Dark City? :) )
3. The Episode 1 DVD delivers the movie in a Widescreen (2.35:1, anamorphic) aspect ratio. I believe there was only one version of TPM released to DVD, and if I'm mistaken, there are a few Star Wars fans at HTF who will be happy to correct me.
If you're new to the whole Home Theater/DVD enjoyment thing, you've come to the right place. The HTF is a blissful oasis of articulation and intelligence in this cold, dank internet we all share.
Enjoy your new obsession!

*Nobody refers to Episode 4 as "A New Hope". That baby is simply Star Wars and it always will be! :)

BobHaymond

Stunt Coordinator
Scott: Thanx much for the clarification. With that in mind, I went back to Amazon and they list I and II as available in DVD. And, encouragingly , IV, V, and VI are on the way. I have put down my e-mail for them to notify.:D

BobHaymond

Stunt Coordinator
Scott: My apologies; Amazon sucked me in. SW II is not available in DVD--you were right to start with! They were simply listing when it would show in theaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks