What's new

Star Wars Ep. VII Megathread: The Force Awakens (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Sam Favate said:
Let's also hope he's not wearing that stupid vest. I found it ridiculous that the character never changed clothes in 3 movies, other than putting on a different jacket now and again.
To be fair, his pants are a different color in ESB than it was in Star Wars. His ESB shirt has a different neck style. The snow outfit on Hoth is different from his regular clothes.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
cf.jpg

Just a random Carrie Fisher pic.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
SamT said:
Question. Are red lightsabers used only by the Sith?
Yeah. To the point that in Revenge Of The Sith, they were going to have Anakin's lightsaber change color from blue to red when he becomes Darth Vader. That was dropped but I assume the idea was that his being a Sith caused the saber to change from good guy blue or green* to bad guy red.

*Sam Jackson got a purple saber because it's his favorite color and because he's Sam Jackson.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Jackson's was the lightsaber with "Bad Motherf*cker" carved on the hilt.

Glad they dropped the idea of having the lightsaber color change automatically. That's as lame as midichlorians (which I hope are never, ever mentioned again. Ever.)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So, by film canon we can see only 2 red lightsabers in Episode VII, right?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ Yes but who really knows? Assuming they're in the movie, the Sith could now allow more than two members (considering the Jedi can have an apparently limitless number, that might be a real good move for them) or they could find a bunch of old Sith lightsabers.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sam Favate said:
I always thought the "only two" rule was absurd and made no sense.
They based it on the Japanese Samurai code, remember the first film was partly inspired by The Hidden Fortress.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
SamT said:
There are well more than 2 Samurai at the same time.
Yes but they take on just one apprentice, i don't think they take on two or more at a time but maybe someone else can pipe up about that.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sam Favate said:
I always thought the "only two" rule was absurd and made no sense.
In order to make some sense out of it, the expanded universe has said that the Sith are so power hungry that when there was more than two of them, they were reduced to in-fighting and backstabbing each other rather than conquering the galaxy so they reduced their number to two. That way, they focus more on evil bad guy stuff and the master only has to worry about the apprentice taking him out rather than a group planning on killing him.

When you're Palpatine and you see the Sith plan through to fruition, that rule must have been cool but it had to be a pretty stupid rule for all the guys to follow in the millennia prior to Palpatine.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Even though it's on a Sunday, I wonder if Disney is going to give us a little tidbit on May the Fourth? May 25th is the proper anniversary day in my book though.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Word going around the net this afternoon says the title may be revealed at ComicCon.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I may be in the minority, but I'll say it again. I hope this new Star Wars goes in a completely new direction with as little reference to the previous films as possible. What I mean is no more dopey names, midichlorian bs, juvenile humor etc.. I don't want to see any Obi wan or annakin spin offs. Or boba fett for that matter. I want a completely new storyline featuring Luke Han and Leia and their offspring, while honoring the past..not rehashing it. Please. Jmho

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
J.J. Abrams is all about reference to the past, he has no originality. Just watch Star Trek Into Darkness.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Tino said:
I may be in the minority, but I'll say it again. I hope this new Star Wars goes in a completely new direction with as little reference to the previous films as possible. What I mean is no more dopey names, midichlorian bs, juvenile humor etc.. I don't want to see any Obi wan or annakin spin offs. Or boba fett for that matter. I want a completely new storyline featuring Luke Han and Leia and their offspring, while honoring the past..not rehashing it.Please.Jmho

That's a curious statement for me, Tino. On one hand, you want a new direction SW story with little reference to previous films. But then you want a new storyline featuring...characters and references to the past (Luke, Leia and Han)? I get what I think you're trying to say by leaving the humor and "kiddie" stuff behind, but there are toys to sell and an empire to maintain...no pun intended. I think it's inevitable a little of both make it into the movie/s.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
SamT said:
J.J. Abrams is all about reference to the past, he has no originality. Just watch Star Trek Into Darkness.
Disagree completely. And I loved Star Trek Into Darkness. I'm a huge JJ fan. But I get what you're saying Sam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks