What's new

Star Trek IV Collector's/ Directors DVD??? (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Hello - Does anyone know when we can expect to see the new DVD version of Star Trek IV released? Will it be a Director's or Collector's Edition? Any idea on the timeframes for the rest of the films?
I would imagine Nemesis would be sometime in June?
Thanks for your input!!!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
3 a year on the remainder of the films, so that's every 4 months or so. I'm guessing it's probably going to be a collector's edition, while 5 will probablybe a directors

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
ST IV will be a Collector's Edition. A preliminary date was issued a few months ago, but I can't remember what it was.
Nimoy stated a long time ago (back when TMP-DE was released and the announcement was made that the rest of the films will be re-issued as 2-disc sets) that he's happy with the films as-is.
Nimoy shot most of what was scripted and pretty much edited what was shot. What didn't make his final cut either just didn't work out on the set (like Sulu seeing is great-great grandfather as a child), or maybe just didn't work for the story.
I'm not expecting much in the deleted scenes area either, because I don't expect there was much that was deleted to make it worthwhile.
Joel

Haden

Supporting Actor
Despite the Sulu/grandfather scene being poorly acted by the little kid (according to magazine articles) I still hope it's included on the DVD in the supplements. I've always been curious to see this scene.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Thank you, Mr. Blythe.

I've heard that J.G. Hertzler will be doing the supplements for this title.

Neil

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Mr. Blythe, thanks for commenting
J.G. "Chancellor Martok" Hertzler will be producing Trek 4
After that, Robert Meyer Burnett, director of "Free Enterprise" is set to take up the reins. Can't WAIT to see what a Trek uber-fanboy does with them :)

Eric Chang

Stunt Coordinator
I heard that it would be a Director's Cut, but what would be added/taken out is beyond me. Hell, I haven't seen any of the Trek movies, so Paramount revisiting these DVD's is a great of getting a person into the series(at least the movies.)

Edit- I hear a Early 2003 release date.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
You say that like it should mean something, but it doesn't to me. Who is Martin Blythe that his word should seem to carry so much weight in this situation?

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Martin, good to hear from you again! I had not personally seen any posts of yours for some time, and was beginning to fear you were one of those scared/run off the board.
Thanks for the heads up on ST:TVH, looking forward to buying it (again). You have to think Paramount has a love/hate with us Trekkies by now. Love the fact that they can keep selling it to us, hate the fact that they have such rabid fans that they have to tread carefully, or fear killing the cash goose - or is that the cow that lays the golden eggs :)

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Must not visit much.
This is why I don't like post counts not being visible. If they were easily visible, this mistake probably wouldn't have happened. I do visit a lot, but I'm sorry I don't know the names and occupations of all thirty thousand members, nor have I read all one million posts. ;)
With all due respect to anyone this might apply to, there is a place in your user profile where you can list your occupation. Before I posted my reply asking about Martin Blythe, the first thing I did was look in his profile to see if there was a clue there.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Thanks for the info Mr. Blythe!!!

Looking forward to Nemesis in December and future Star Trek DVD's as well.
Hopefully, a Director's Cut of Star Trek V sometime next year.
Thanks again!!!

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Good to see Martin again. I always loved it when studio reps got into the discussions. The early 2003 release sounds fantastic, but too far off for me. It is too bad these special editions cant be coming out as fast as TNG TV sets :)
I am anxiously awaaiting after the IV set the collectors editions or directors editions of VI and First Contact.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Darn...I was hoping to hold off buying III until I could get them both together and not have to wait between the two, but with that long a wait... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks