What's new

Spy Kids SE ? (1 Viewer)

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Robert Rodrieguz has intended to release a loaded edition of "Spy Kids" when he has time -- he's still working on Spy Kids 2 as we speak. Not sure if this release will be one disc or two, mind you.
A smart idea would be for Miramax to release the new edition right before "Spy Kids 2" to boost sales. I know I'd buy one. :)
Jason

Gavin_L

Second Unit
yeah jason, i think your right, like a lot of studio's are doing, like for example, they are going to put out a new x men dvd pretty close to x men 2 release, so have a feeling they will do the same with spy kids

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I got the following info from this Robert Rodriguez interview conduced by Latino Review
LR: Do you have any plans for the DVD and also a special edition of the first Spy Kids?
RR: Yeah I didn't know when to put out the special edition I've always been so busy, and I thought we are already doing Spy Kids 3 and it will be out next July 23, that means the DVD will come out that Christmas. I think I'll wait until then to do a triple box set that has all the making of's, and all the fun film school for kids, and do just one big thing, so I don't have to sell the people the same movie twenty times.
LR: So does that mean this one will also come out as just the movie before you do a three pack?
RR: Right. This will probably come out, I think, in December or something.
LR: So the extra scene you put into Spy Kids 1 that won't be available until…
RR: It won't be available, that's the best scene in the movie too. It's a great scene, they go swimming through a cave of sleeping sharks and they wake all the sharks up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks