What's new

SPOOOOOOON!!! (soooooon???) (1 Viewer)

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Hey, anyone know what is up with "The Tick" live action show? I have seen bits of the pilot and pics and it was great (at least what I saw). I thought it was to be a mid-season replacement on fox this past year, but it is no where to be found. Anyone know? Is it still going to happen? Or did execs freak out because half their audience "won't get it?"
If it doesn't get the break, then Fox can "Eat my justice!!"
Phil

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I heard something like it was all dependent on the actor's strike... but since that never happened, it's back to their original thursday night fall lineup. If the strike did occur, I heard they might of put the Tick earlier than the fall or something like that... My memory is gone!
Jay
can't wait to see it though...

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It was held over from a Spring debut as strike insurance. My guess is that they'll throw in an order in December if it's a hit. My guess is that it's going to flop tho
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
Middle america just isn't going to find it funny (I soooo hope I'm wrong)
Worse comes to worse we should have a nice DVD set of the 13 eps filmed
wink.gif

Jeff Kleist

Gui A

Supporting Actor
I have seen the pilot, and it was good. I had a bit of trouble understanding some of the dialog since Tick doesn't like to put that pauses in his sentences. I'm afraid some of the jokes will go over people's heads. Although it was funny, I don't see it lasting more than a season.
Bob Patterson, on the other hand, was hilarious, in a guilty, un-pc sort of way. In fact, I doubt the version I saw will make it to air without a few edits. (it was 25 mins long first of all).
------------------
but i don't want to be a pirate!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks