Special "West Wing" Show

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter Kline, Oct 3, 2001.

1. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

2. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

3. Peter Kline

Admin, go ahead and delete this post. Nobody followed my lead of yesterday. Guess I haven't earned my Pied Piper wings.
    ------------------

4. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Peter,
    It was always my intent to post in your thread since you started the first one on this subject. Also the other thread has the misfortune of being dominated by a member who has never watched the program but is still determined to share his wisdom with us.
    I'm a big West Wing/mushroom fan so my expectations for the special show were high. Despite the claims of "stand alone" episode there were a couple of references to the white supremacist assassination attempt.
    I think we were all surprised by the omission of any reference to the WTC/Pentagon/Pennsylvania incidents, but the ground that was covered held my interest throughout.

5. Vincent Matis

Vincent Matis Second Unit

I was a little dissapointed by the show, I expected a little more "drama" and the whole plot seemed too artificial (5 minutes for Josh, 5 minutes for C.J.,...).
    On the plus side, the dialogue and the acting were (as always in WW) stellar !
    On the same subject, I rate the third eps of the first season above this one. The eps was called "A Proportional Response" and dealt with Syria shooting down an US plane and Bartley having to find the proportional military response. The theory of retribution was extremely well demonstrated (as well as the futility of it).
    Vincent
    ------------------

AFI Top 100 Films Home Theater Forum Challenge

AFI Movies Left To Watch: 34 33 32 31 30: Sound Of Music (3.5 out of 4)

6. Peter Kline

Jim, no problem. Just one of those days! The show wasn't perfect but it had its heart in the right place and said some important things.
    ------------------