What's new

Special "West Wing" Show (1 Viewer)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
The upcoming special program is NOT specifically about the recent terrorist attack according to the following:
Link Removed
[Edited last by Peter Kline on October 03, 2001 at 08:14 AM]

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Go here for the current discussion http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum26/HTML/001456.html Frank
------------------
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nightdog&acceptadult=true
usa_small.gif

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Admin, go ahead and delete this post. Nobody followed my lead of yesterday. Guess I haven't earned my Pied Piper wings.
------------------

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Peter,
It was always my intent to post in your thread since you started the first one on this subject. Also the other thread has the misfortune of being dominated by a member who has never watched the program but is still determined to share his wisdom with us.
I'm a big West Wing/mushroom fan so my expectations for the special show were high. Despite the claims of "stand alone" episode there were a couple of references to the white supremacist assassination attempt.
I think we were all surprised by the omission of any reference to the WTC/Pentagon/Pennsylvania incidents, but the ground that was covered held my interest throughout.

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
I was a little dissapointed by the show, I expected a little more "drama" and the whole plot seemed too artificial (5 minutes for Josh, 5 minutes for C.J.,...).
On the plus side, the dialogue and the acting were (as always in WW) stellar !
On the same subject, I rate the third eps of the first season above this one. The eps was called "A Proportional Response" and dealt with Syria shooting down an US plane and Bartley having to find the proportional military response. The theory of retribution was extremely well demonstrated (as well as the futility of it).
Vincent
------------------

AFI Top 100 Films Home Theater Forum Challenge

AFI Movies Left To Watch: 34 33 32 31 30: Sound Of Music (3.5 out of 4)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Jim, no problem. Just one of those days! The show wasn't perfect but it had its heart in the right place and said some important things.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks