What's new

Special Offer on NEC LT 150 (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Due to the popularity of the NEC LT 150 DLP projector the owners of Projector People have made a very special price of $2,495 available to our membership only.
All you have to do is call the guys at Projector People and tell them that you are wanting to use the special offer on the NEC LT 150 from Home Theater Forum. This is not an advertised price but a special offer for our members only.
This is our way, along with Projector People, of giving something back to our membership.
Parker

Gil D

Supporting Actor
Parker,
Is this for a new unit with the full 3-year warranty? Also does PP's Hassle-Free Return Program apply.
Thanks,
Gil

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Gil:
Yes, this is for a new unit with the full warranty and it will have the same return policy that they always have.
The only thing different over buying this as usual from PP is that you get it for less with this offer.
Parker

Tony Aguila

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have a link for a product description of this unit? I previously thought that one would have to spend about $10,000 to get a decent projector. This gives me hope...
Tony

Matthew R

Agent
How long does this offer last? I'm planning to purchase a projector in the next couple of months, and, based on my budget, I had my eye on the Toshiba TDP-S2 (same as the InFocus LP340), but if I can get the NEC LT150 for the same price, I might be inclined to go that way instead.
--Matthew

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Tony:
Here is a link to the projector in question.
Matthew:
I am pretty sure that they will run this for a couple of months at least. I will ask.
Parker

Tony Aguila

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the help, Parker. I'm downloading the PDF files now. My main questions with regard this unit is how it deals with anamorphic signals. I also read somewhere that DLP projectors cannot be color calibrated. Furthermore, 800 ANSI Lumens does not seem bright enough. My points of reference are the Marantz VP8100 DLP ($12,000 list) and the Sanyo PLV-60 LCD.
In your opinion, will the NEC come close to what these other units have to offer?
Tony

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Tony:
I cannot comment on the brightness of this projector as I have not seen one in action. I do know that many people on AVS (that are projector savy people) really like the projector. You may want to visit AV Science to see what others that have the projector say. You can reach them at
http:www.avscience.com
Matthew:
I talked with the people at Projector People and the offer will last only until their current supply runs out. They have 35 of them at the moment. When they are sold out they have to negotiate a new price on them which could be higher as well as lower. Also, as a note. This projector will not include the leather case that goes with it as described on the site. The offer for the leather case is more for people that would travel with the projector and need something to protect it with. In a HT environment the case would not be needed.
Parker

Matthew R

Agent
Thanks, Parker. I don't know if I'll make it in time... it depends on how long it takes to talk my wife into it. Fortunately, I've been working on that for a couple of months already.
wink.gif

I've been reading up on the LT150 at the AVScience forum, and it sounds like I'd be happier with the image quality than from the Toshiba, especially given the XGA resolution vs the SVGA (I'm using an HTPC).
Thanks,
Matthew

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I previously thought that one would have to spend about $10,000 to get a decent projector.
Tony,
Have you seen a properly adjusted SONY VW10HT? I understand the going rate for them has now dropped to around the ~$4400 level with some vendors (I paid $5500 about 1.5 years ago). At that price it's a top-notch performer, especially when viewing 16:9 material and HDTV.
------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

ProjectorPeople

Auditioning
We should be able to get more NEC LT150's as we need them so do not fear that this deal is going to "end". It's just something I threw out there for everyone. I would also point out the Toshiba MT-7 for those that liked the Sony VW10HT. It has the same wide screen panels, much better contrast (400:1 Vs below 200:1), great color, is brighter than the Sony (you have to turn the Sony down to 700 lumens to get any black level at all), has better white, is smaller, and quieter. @ $4999.00 it's a steal.
------------------
AJ Abrams
Product Anlayst
ProjectorPeople/AV Marketplace/PlasmaPeople/Home Theaterpeople/AVI

Matthew R

Agent
Thanks for the update, AJ. I am definitely interested in the LT150, but I'm in the middle of selling my house and buying a new one (right across the street, of all places), so I'll probably have to wait until the (financial) dust settles first.
What screen do you recommend for the LT150?
--Matthew

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
AJ:
Thanks for coming on board with the forum to answer some questions.
Having said that what do you think of the Sanyo PLV 60? There has been a lot of interest in this projector. Does it have any problems?
What are you excited about that you know is in the pipe for release in the next year or so?
Parker

David Klem

Agent
Matthew,
As far as screens go, many people are using the Da-Lite high power screen with great results. I personally like the Matte White screen, since I am sensitive to "rainbow", and it seems to decrease it somewhat. The colors and brightness are very adequate with a light-controlled room.
Dave

ProjectorPeople

Auditioning
As for a screen choice, I do not recommend a high contrast screen for any projector at or above 400:1 contrast. You do gain black level from them but you also lose whites and color depth. The positive gain in black is worth it if you are under 400:1 but after that, it negatives win out. I like matte white. In a regular living room set up, it gives you the best viewing angle and doesn't mess with the image.
As for the Sanyo PLV-60. I love it. The whites are awesome, the blacks are great, it gives you unlimited connectivity and the color is wonderful. On the down side, it is noisier than the Sony or Toshiba TLP-MT7 and $1000.00 more than the MT-7. If I had the money, I'd but it.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Say --- you just wouldn't the same A.J. Abrams that I've bought a couple LDs from on Ebay?
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
AJ:
So would you buy the MT-7 if you had the money or would you wait until you had the money and get the Sanyo? I mean is the picture from the Sanyo that much better than the Sony and the Tosh to justify it's price difference?
Parker

Gil D

Supporting Actor
Is this projector covered by the NEC 2year Instacare program at no additional cost:
InstaCare provides projector repair and return within three business days or next business day replacement. When overnight isn't fast enough, NEC offers InstaCare Xpress.
Also, replacement bulbs are very expensive for this projector and the lamp life is 1000 hours. Is there or will there be more affordable replacement lamps available to forum members say at or near the $250 mark.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks