What's new

Speaker woofer rattle (1 Viewer)

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
I recently purchased a pair of the ever so debated powered towers. It has an A and a B speaker. When I listen to the B-speaker the woofer has a rattle on some of the heavier bass hits, however, when I am listening to the same bass on the A-side speaker, it sounds tight and no rattle. Should this be something I contact the seller about? I would hate to ship this thing back again, but dont want a speaker that is defective

Thanks for reading

Brian

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like some foreign material is in there. Or just plain damage.

It's possible there's a wire hanging behind the cone that is being hit on long excursions. Sometimes they get twisted a bit during manufacture and it is not where it's supposed to be. If you won't void any warranties (ask first) I'd pull the driver and investigate.

No shipping 'popcorn' in the port, right?

What speakers are these? I'm curious...

Good Luck.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the answer. The speakers in question are Klipsch RP-3.

Im going to check to see if that cloth/grill covering is removeable now, but not going to get too far into messing with it till I hear something from the seller.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Well, I contacted klipsch and they said it wouldnt void warranty if i removed the driver. they told me to swap drivers from each speaker to see if was the driver or something else, I will pull the driver & check wires/ foreign objects etc, and if no luck will swap drivers. Klipsch customer service is very good btw. They said if is a faulty driver they would ship one out to replace no problems. So for right now I am not looking at shipping this monster anywhere.

Thanks for reading.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks