What's new
World Wide Stereo

Speaker wiring placement suggestions for "future technology" ?? (1 Viewer)

Rancho5

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alec
I've just completed the wiring for all my speakers in our framed HT. I ran wire for 7.1 and was wondering since I have the extra wire and boxes, what other places might I run wire to to prepare for the future? I do have "behind the wall" access to the front and side walls, just not the rear and ceiling. I did run wires to the "front top L & R" 3 ft above the fronts to be ready for that Dolby z thing.

Where else would you suggest? Ceilings?

I did not run for a 2nd subwoofer as I have an SVS 12" cylinder 31 inches tall and the room is only 22 long, 10 wide and 7 tall, so this sub is MORE than adequate, plus I can always get to the sides if I need to.

Do you think there is any possibility of future ceiling locations?

Also running a pvc pipe from ceiling pj location to AV closet for future use and an ethernet cable to the AV closet.

728x90

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Possible future speakers include top l/c/r and the "voice of god" speaker (directly above the listener).

Also, having more than one sub is not always because of lower quality subs. Room modes can be tamed by using more than one. Pre-wiring for your sub is not always a good idea since you won't know exactly where to place it until you get everything else completed.

Rancho5

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alec

So to clarify for my understanding... I already did the top L & R and can't do the center because my wall is only 7 feet high and the screen is 4.5 feet high and with center main being a couple feet off the floor there is no place to put the top center.

"Voice of God" is great. I'll wire for that Monday.

Anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks