What's new

speaker wire and the SVS Ultra? (1 Viewer)

Doug_Z

Agent
I have all my speakers connected with Monster XP (XPNW MS)Navajo white.I don't know what the letters stand for but my wife likes the color with our carpet:b It's actually buried under the carpet but of course some of it can be seen.

I now need to hook up a single SVS Ultra. I assume the instruction ,as to how everything is hooked up , will be clear once the Ultra and the Samson arrive tomorrow.This is the first sub I have had with an outboard amp.

I need to put the Ultra about 15 feet from the amp but by the time I snake it around the foorboard and under the carpet I will need 20 feet.Is the Monster XP wire good enough wire to use to connect the Samson to the Ultra? I will have Monster cable connecting the sub out on the back of my receiver to the back of the Samson.

I know with regular speakers most recommend 12 or 14 gauge wire on 20 foot runs. The XP wire does not advertise the gauge? Is it good enough quality a thick enough gauge to send all frequecies below 80hZ to the Ultra? Thank you

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
I know with regular speakers most recommend 12 or 14 gauge wire on 20 foot runs. The XP wire does not advertise the gauge? Is it good enough quality a thick enough gauge to send all frequecies below 80hZ to the Ultra? Thank you
Hi, Doug.
If my memory serves me right the wire you have is 16GA.
Low frequencies do not need a heavier gauge wire. Although this Monster XP wire will probably work just fine, I would prefer to see you use 12 or even 10GA. The Ultra's are 4 ohm. Check this page out:http://home.earthlink.net/~rogerr7/wire.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks