What's new

Speaker volume help!!! (1 Viewer)

agapoula19

Auditioning
Real Name
tina
Help!!!!!!!
I just got an Onkyo TX-SR674 receiver and the Infinity TSS-4000 speaker package. Definitely not a cheap combo, but I'm having a very annoying problem:
I have to raise the volume to 50 or 60 in order to get decent volume (and I'm not talking window-shattering loud; far, far from it). The receiver's top volume setting is 99. Should I have to raise it to 50 to be able to watch a regular TV show, or a DVD?

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
The volume can be set to MIN, 1 through 99, or MAX.
The AV receiver is designed for home theater enjoyment. It has a wide volume
range, allowing precise adjustment.

This is directly from your manual. 1 being minimum volume....99 being maximum volume!! Try turning it UP to 30 and I'll bet it gets louder!!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sounds perfectly normal to me. The only confusion is your expectation of what the level should be. Have you run the auto setup?

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Very normal. My Denon goes from -90->00 (Denons go in negative decimals up to 00 which should be reference) and my normal listening position is -25 for regular TV and -20 to -15 for movies. Your Onkyo is no different. Basically, turn it up to the volume you want and ignore the number.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks