What's new

Speaker switch? (1 Viewer)

Paul Chalk

Stunt Coordinator
I plan on getting the Outlaw 1050 receiver. However it doesn't have a Main speaker A/B switch. I have two sets of speakers for Mains, one set that matches my center and surrounds, and one set for music. I don't plan on running both speakers simultaneously. Is there a speaker switch box available for this task?

STLMIKE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I have a Niles SPS-4, which works great. I bypass my AB switch and use this to run sound to different sets of speakers for different purposes. I know this unit is available in a 6 set splitter, it may be available in other configurations as well.

Mike Hueter

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
I have a Niles too, and it does work great, but the attachments to it are for very small gauge speaker wire. I think of the Niles for use to drive in-wall and in-ceiling speakers around the house, not for main-speaker use.

If there are spearate speakers for movies vs. music, this sounds like a critical installation to me, and I'm not sure the Niles in the middle is a good idea. Possibly there are higher-end switchers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks