What's new

Speaker Stands (1 Viewer)

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
Can someone recomend some nice speaker stands? I need something that is sized for bookshelf speakers; these will be for my mains. I can spend up to around $100.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Mark, two suggestions for ya.
Wood Technology makes great looking stuff and I believe they are in your price range.
Link Removed
Or...
Premier stands are recommended by Paradigm for their Studio 40's and 20's. A little more expensive though.
Link Removed
Also try Sanus. They have good stuff.
www.sanus.com

Christian Speights

Stunt Coordinator
The guys at Studiotech.com have some nice looking stuff in and around your price range.
Click here
Not affiliated...just a happy customer. Bought an Alpha rack from them a while back.

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
Do most speaker stands have something to secure the speaker to the base? Or is it merely a platform. I'm afraid my mains may fall off.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Mark, most stands are just a platform, there is nothing to secure the speaker.

Some people do funky things like take Velcro and put one half on the bottom of the speaker and one half on the stand, but IMO, it doesn't help much. Most quality bookshelf speakers weigh a decent amount and velcro doesn't help. If you have small kids or animals (I don't have either), you may have trouble. Perhaps other forum members can chime in on there experiences in this regard.

MichaelG

Second Unit
Mark, I just ordered these Wood Technology hardwood stands last week for $60 delivered. They shipped them the day after I ordered and I was happy with everything. I have my M&K 750 series speakers on them and it looks good. You might want to check this out, you can almost get two sets for $100.
http://www.pilipinosuperstore.com/hd-26e.html

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Here's a website with some of the Sanus line. I got my 24" stands Natural Foundations for my black ash 602's and they work and match well. Good price of $90.
http://www.electroshops.com/
And they still do free shipping!:emoji_thumbsup:
Oh yeah, regarding securement, I use that tacky stuff you get at Home Depot. It's kinda like the blue tacky "gum" but it's supposed to be stickier. Jury is still out. I would rate it an "ok". I think I like the heavy duty velcro idea better. You can always get the adhesive off using Goo Gone or something like that.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
That blu-tack seems to be the choice of most people. That with a good solid stand will be fine.
I looked at the Wood Tech stands and asked about them. I was told they were pretty flimsy and would not do well with high quality speakers that are heavy. I was recommended to use sand-fillable stands to get the best isolation and bass response. I have decided to build my own stands.
Look at this thread I started about a week ago.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=41384

Steve Castle

Auditioning
Mark,
Do your mains have a screw hole in the back, kinda like for mounting to a tripod? A friend has speakers from Cambridge Soundworks which have this screw-hole in the back. He bought their Newton stands for about $80. The stands have an "L" bracket on the top. You screw the back of the speaker into the "L" and the "L" is secured to the stand via a hex screw. Wire management is inside the post. The feet look pretty spread out and also come with carpet spikes for stability. Give a look-see at:
Newton Speakers
So far they've done well in his house with his little ones and a puppy running around.
Steve

Troy Madlem

Agent
Nice to see some of you guys are having good luck with the Wood-Tech stands. I wanted to order one of the center channel stands, but their online website for orders didn't even list the model I was after.:thumbsdown: After numerous emails to them asking HOW I could order one, I gave up and decided to go the DIY route. I shouldn't have to work so hard to give a company my money - the least they could do would be send out a generic response but so far I've heard nothing.
They are nice looking stands and they are the only one to offer a center channel stand that works in front of a RPTV. Too bad you can't get one!
Troy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks