What's new

Speaker layouts Klipsch (1 Viewer)

aaron_dewitt

Agent
I plan on getting the RC-7 and then either Rf3 or Rf5 fronts. I am pretty sure i will be getting the Denon 3802. I want to hook up 6.1/7.1 with it. What should i use for surounds? Rs-3 or Rs-7's? SHould i use them for the sides? If i do what should i use for the rears? or do i only use one speaker for the rears? Please help me with this matter. I would like to stay with klipsch.

Daniel_Hs

Auditioning
Hi,
The RS-3's are plenty sufficient for the RF-3's. I have never heard them with RF-5's though. You need to listen to them personally and decide for yourself though.
You might want to get RF-5's with the RC7's.
If you are into music you might want to consider reference bookshelf speakers for your rears
this is just my opinion though and im new here :D

Kevin McCurdy

Stunt Coordinator
I have the RF-5's with the RC-7 up front and found them to be a better combination then the RF-3's and RC-7. It wasn't a big difference. It was more the tonal quality the RF-5's and RC-7 are smoother and blend better together then the RF-3's with the RC-7.

I'm using the RS-3's on the sides and RF-3's in the rear, I'm not sure if it will stay that way. Once I get a pre/pro I'll make a decision. Currently I have a 5.1 setup and I've switched back and forth between the RS-3's and RF-3's and both sound very good. I even had the RB-3's for three weeks and really liked them as well.

I would say your choices will probably depend on your room size and your preferences. The RS series (RS-3, RS-7) are wide dispersion speakers which some people don't like. If you haven't already tried, demo the RS-3's and also look at the direct radiating bookshelf models RB-3's and RB-5's and see which you prefer.

I believe with the Denon you can configure it for one or two rear surrounds, but you'll probably have to purchase the speakers in pairs, so I'd configure it for two.

Good Luck.

Miles M

Agent
Aaron,

I think there are some good comments here already, but I will add my 2 cents. I recently purchased a system with main use being 80%music/20%theater(that may change now though). I decided to go with the RF5 with RC3 center and RS3 surround. I think if you plan to listen to any considerable amount of music, I would go for the RF5 or RF7. I could justify the $500 price jump from RF3 to RF5's, but not another $500 jump to RF7's. As for the center channel, I think the RC7 would be great if you can spend the extra money. The surrounds to me aren't so critical, the RS3 were plenty sufficient for me. Let me give you a very positive thumbs up for going with the Klipsch. With my Denon and 1 SVS 20-39CS+ with Samson1000 amp, I have never been happier. It rocks, and I know I will probably never be able to go with separates, so the Klipsch paired with my Denon really pump out great sound. They will definitely bring a smile to your face. Good Luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks