What's new

South Park - 3/17/04 "Good Times with Weapons" (1 Viewer)

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
Yes it was!! I was laughing my ass off with the naked Cartman. I also couldn't help but laugh at all of Cartman's Passion references especially his "prove Mel Gibson wrong Kyle." Very funny stuff.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
They certainly put a lot more time into the animation of tonight's episode than usual.

"If the Road Warrior says it, it must be true." :)

Rob

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
This episode was instant classic. It was as if Bill Watterson hooked up with Trey Parker. I would have never though you could combine the sensibilities of Calvin and Hobbes with South Park, but I just watched it.

Quality.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I lost it when naked Cartman tried to cross the stage, then turned sideways and tried to keep going. Very funny episode overall.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I loved when Cartman laughed at Kyle for turning him into a chicken. :D I'm curious to know if they brought in Anime artists or did the 'regular' animators do it?

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
"I can see into the future, too, but better than Kyle".

Another good episode, and according to the South Park Studios website, the Mel Gibson refs continue with an upcoming episode entitled "The Passion Of The Easter Bunny".

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

"Dammit, Cartman, you can't keep making up powers!"

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I loved the anime spoofs, especially the Japanese theme song complete with Engrish phrases.

"Let's Fighting Love!" :D

Also, let's not forget the satirizing of the Janet Jackson "wardrobe malfuncton" from the Super Bowl. Pretty much sums up my feelings about the matter.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
An instant classic is right, this is up there with the episode that ripped into revisionist movies. And I loved how they cut back and forth between the "anime, fantasy" and reality, to remind you that these kids were playing. I thought it was BRILLIANT.

That, and some of the lines were genius. I don't know that I've laughed that hard in a long, long while.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Ah crap, I'm kicking myself for missing this episode last night. I'll check out the replay though...

This has me interested...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The best moment was the ninja star to the eye. My brother and I were laughing for a good 5 minutes from that one.

Instant classic.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
"Let's Fighting Love' perfectly sums up every crappy theme song I've seen in an action Anime series. This episode was BRILLIANT!

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Looked more like 2.55:1 to me. It would be cool if the letteboxed clips are encoded anamorphically on the S8 DVD set

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks