What's new

South Park - 3/17/04 "Good Times with Weapons" (2 Viewers)

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
My sides and face hurt from that one.. I don't know what happened after the star to the eye, cuz I was laughing so hard I couldn't see!

this episode got my wife interested in the show.. she used to think I was nutz for watching it..
Now to show her "Fat Butt and Pancake Head".. the JLo ep..

Taco Flavored Kisses..

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

One of my all time faves (it was just rerun this past Sunday night).

EEeeeewwwwwww! Ben Affleck spooge! :laugh:

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Oh my. This episode was a definite instant classic. I was a big fan of the pseudo-anime sequences, which were even funnier when you heard their voices with the characters. The two gangs fighting was awesome, and I laughed out loud when the woman driving by saw what was actually happening. It brought back fond memories of what it was like to play fantasy games as a child, and how goofy we must have looked.

I loved the digs on the stupidity of "Passion" and the FCC. Seriously, the last five minutes could be used as an ad as to how stupid the value sets the FCC, Congress, and their Moral "Majority" uses are.

Also, did Kenny not get killed in this episode? The only time I saw something kind of happen was during the fight in the alley, but he got back up.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Kenny no longer is killed in every episode and it has been that way for some time now. Once they brought him back a few seasons ago, they said in an interview that they don't plan the weekly Kill Kenny Konspiracy anymore.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
He did die in the final episode of Season 7 though (Christmas in Canada), so the possibility is always open.

Alot of people on the SouthPark boards were bitching about him not being killed anymore. I'm just glad he's back. Kenny is one of my favorite characters.

Good Times with Weapons was pretty good overall. I loved the Anime style animation, the Passion references, but for whatever reason, my favorite line was Kenny's response to "What's your Ninja name Kenny?".

8 years and his muffling still makes me laugh.

And Butters' barking.... and Token's power of perfect spelling... and the turning Kyle into a chicken... and the episode recap... and "If Butters tells on us we're gonna tell on you that's Ninja code"... and "Let's murder one of these other dogs".

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

That bit had me cracking up for the rest of the episode :)

Definitely an instant classic.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it's funny how that part about Kenny is still funny while the part about killing him every week just got old.

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
This weeks new episode sounds great.

From Soutparkstudios.com:

Jimmy is in training for an upcoming sporting event and he's determined to win at any cost. Cartman feels he can easily take first place against Jimmy. He just has to convince the qualifying committee he's handicapped

Can't wait!!!!!

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
"Hah hah hah hah hah hah, now you are a chicken..."

I actually had "Let's Fighting Love" stuck in my head yesterday.

This show just gets better and better.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
That Engrish Anime song had me dying! I thought immediately of the great tunes by The Pillows in "flcl", and then remembered... hey, there was a brief allusion to "South Park" in "flcl"!

This show is simply brilliant. The way the focus moved back and forth from reality to the kids' imaginations (in Cinemascope!) was perfectly executed. And the music... the music they come up with for this show is simply inspired. In my experience, only the music from "Home Movies" (adult swim lineup) compares.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Defiantly a good way to start the season off but by no means a classic like:

Fat But and Pancake Head
Trapper Keeper
Bebe's boobs Destroy Society
Krazy Kripples
Chinpoko Mon
Butters Very Own Episode
Cartmans Silly Hate Crime
Spooky Fish
Cartmans Mom is a Dirty Slut
Cartmans Mom is Still a Dirty Slut
Do The Handicapped Go to Hell
Do The Handicapped Go to Hell 2
South Park: Bigger Longer Uncut

and last but not least Cartman Gets an Anal probe the episode that started it all.

I’m a little biased with Trapper Keeper and Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society because of there obvious 2001: A Space Odyssey references.

I though this was pretty cool and maybe it will do something to educate J6P about widescreen and OAR.

The meat of the show was defiantly entertaining, but I laughed my ass off at a naked Cartman tip toeing across the stage and then "Dude there pissed about Cartman being naked?, Just go along with it."

Looking forward to the next episode.

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
I'm stunned every week by how good this show is. It's very hard to keep a show this good. Just look at, well, all TV shows. And it's not just good, it's often brilliant.

I have all of the DVD sets that are out so far. I haven't taken the time to watch them. It'll be a lot of fun when I do though. I hope they just keep on keeping on for years to come.

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
ok, to keep me from doing any real work here, what was the episode where Kyle has a birthday and gets to go to that mexican restaurant with 3 friends, and doesn't want to take Cartman? That was a classic one too.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Nice, "I'm drunk!" in Japanese sounds like "Kick ass-oo" in English! :)

Butters's "woof" was fucking hilarious. I didn't think the ninja star in his eye was all that funny at first, but upon repeated viewings, the animation looks cute and hilarious at the same time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks