What's new

Sound Problem with RCA DTC100 (1 Viewer)

Jeff_mg

Auditioning
Hi Everyone-

I have my RCA DTC100 hooked up through my Denon 3801 Receiver for over a year with no problems until now. I do not recieve any sound through any directv channel that is broudcasting in dolby digital. All other channels are fine.

The dolby digital from my dvd player is fine and when I switched optical cables I still did not recive any sound. I called Directv, Denon and Thomson Electronics and all said that they could not figure out the problem. Thomson Electronics said they will swap my existing unit for a refurbished one at $239 plus shipping. They agreed to take back the the refurbished model if it turns out that the one I have now is not the problem. I also made sure that all settings on the rca and denon were on auto sellect

Please advise me as to what this problem can be and how to handle it.

Thanks,

-Jeff-

Miles M

Agent
Jeff,

I have experienced similar problems with this receiver, only instead of no sound I would sometimes get a 'popping' sound(pop-pop-pop-pop....). After a while, I became afraid this might ruin my speakers and switched to the Mits. HD5. From my numerous complaints to TCE, I finally understood that they were aware of the popping problem and would try to solve it with a s/w upgrade. Not sure if what you are experiencing is the same cause or not. It might help to ask TCE if these could be related, also let them know what version s/w you have. IMO, I wouldn't go for the swap program because like I said you will probably go from no audio to a pop-pop-pop problem. Good luck.

P.S. BTW, I was using the L/R audio connections. I am not sure if you are using these or the optical. May be a difference there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks