Senior HTF Member
- Jul 3, 1997
- Real Name
- Ronald Epstein
It's available at Deep Discount for $29.41.It's a fine movie, but not at that price point.
Agreed, but, man I would hate to buy this and then find out Criterion is releasing it here.It's available at Deep Discount for $29.41.
For me, Barbara Stanwyck in blu with the following extras makes it worth that price.
Special Features and Technical Specs
- 1080p presentation of the film on Blu-ray
- NEW Audio commentary by noir expert and Film Noir Foundation board member Alan K. Rode
- Eddie Muller Introduction (Previously Unreleased)
- Hold The Phone: The Making Of “Sorry Wrong Number” (Previously Unreleased)
- “Sorry Wrong Number” Radio Play
- Theatrical Trailer
- Limited Edition slipcase on the first 1500 copies
I watched the DVD yesterday. The picture quality was simply awful with dropouts and white speckling from start to finish. Have ordered the bluray as it has to better . The film was shown on UK TV recently in HD and the quality was outstanding.
That price is pretty steep, but those sound like excellent extras. It IS one of my favorite Stanwyck films, so I'll wait to hear a report from you on its quality before taking the plunge.
Well, it's becoming obvious that Imprint is just taking whatever Paramount hands them and in the case of this and I Married a Monster from Outer Space, after seeing reviews of both what they're being handed are old transfers. I know they lucked out getting War of the Worlds, but we have that coming from Criterion - but I really don't need transfers from the DVD era on Blu-ray - not any more.