What's new

Sopranos price drop? (1 Viewer)

Chris Perkins

Stunt Coordinator
I've been putting off buying the Sopranos sets, hoping for a price drop, but they seem to stay at $80. Any deals out there? Thanks.
Chris

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Your best bet is to wait until Season 3 comes out and then buy em from Best Buy. They'll likely have all 3 on sale and you can probably save money by combining purchases.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I agree with the two strategies mentioned above. In fact, I was going to suggest the exact Best Buy thing that Adam did!

I just checked all available resources, and at this time can definitively say that there are no signs of a price drop on these, despite plans to repremote them when #3 hits. They remain, for all three seasons (including the unreleased one), at $99.98 List price and a minimum (MAP) of $79.99.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy has some MAD sales on the season sets if you buy more than 1 when a new set comes out. I think Rob Lutter nailed Buffy 1&2 for about $50 combined (combined SRP: $100+)

Phil

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Guys,

If you are travelling to the "Great White North" anytime soon, make sure to pick up any DVD titles you are looking for. Here in Toronto, you can pick up Season 1 or 2 for about $80.00 CDN, with the exchange rate, that works out to about $50.00 US. When I am in the states, I've never bought a DVD, cause I can buy em cheaper at home. Just a thought.

Phil

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Brian, thanks...I meant to mention Costco's price and forgot. That price will be good on the upcoming 3rd season as well as on the presently available first two seasons.

Chris Perkins

Stunt Coordinator
It looks like the release date is 8/27/02 for season #3,
so I may wait a month and see what bargains crop up !
Chris

SusanO

Agent
Look for a record show or flea market or swap meet in your area - I got my Season 1 sealed for $40 at the Austin Record Convention when it first came out. Ditto on price on a sealed Season 2 but it was at a different record show (Houston)

YMMV but it wouldn't hurt to ask a music savvy friend where he/she buys his/her CDs on the cheap

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
The super store Meijer seems to sell season two for 50 dollars, but since I don't have the first season of Soprano yet, I did not buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks