What's new

Sony XBR400 remote question (1 Viewer)

Horst_G

Auditioning
Hi-

I have an XBR400, and I'd like to know if there's a way to control the menu functions (like widescreen mode, interlaced/progressive, and so on) with one-button remote commands. The remote that came with the TV has very few buttons, but perhaps the TV will respond to more commands? I have an MX500 remote.

TIA!

Jim Lenneman

Stunt Coordinator
Horst,
I don't own your model, but I do have a Sony KP51HW40. There are certainly A LOT of codes that aren't available on the remote. Things such as discrete power on and off, video inputs, 2 of the 4 widescreen modes, and up/down adjustments of all picture settings without going through the menu.
The problem you have is that there is no way to enter these codes into your Mx-500, other than to learn the codes from another remote. If you have a friend with a Pronto, I can e-mail you the codes and you could learn them from the Pronto. I'm assuming that many of my KP51 codes will also work for your set since they also work with my wife's new 27" Sony. I taught the codes to her Mx-500 with my Pronto.
Failing that, the best suggestion I can offer is to buy yourself a cheap One-for-All remote that will accept 3 digit "advanced codes" which you can obtain here: Link Removed You could then learn them into your Mx-500.
Jim L

Horst_G

Auditioning
Jim-

Thanks for the offer, but I don't know anyone with a Pronto, unfortunately.

Someone suggested the one-for-all, but I couldn't find a useable list of codes to see whether it would have what I want.

Any suggestions?

Jim Lenneman

Stunt Coordinator
Horst,

You could try posting your question at remotecentral.com in the Home Theater Master forum to see if anyone:

a) has your TV and an Mx-500

b) can tell you what discrete codes will function with your set, and where they can be found, and how you might get them into your remote.

Jim L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks