Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin submitted a new blog post

Sony To Shut Down ULTRA on July 26, 2019
ULTRA-1024x502.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just got an email about this. I was a little surprised because I’m not setup for UHD and as far as I know never had an Ultra account.

However, it worked out well. I did have the UHD discs for Ghostbusters 2016 and Passengers, which I had originally bought for the included 3D discs. The digital copies had only redeemed as HD, not UHD. But the email included a code to get UHD copies of those two titles on Movies Anywhere.

So I’ll call that an unexpected win.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I just got an email about this. I was a little surprised because I’m not setup for UHD and as far as I know never had an Ultra account.

However, it worked out well. I did have the UHD discs for Ghostbusters 2016 and Passengers, which I had originally bought for the included 3D discs. The digital copies had only redeemed as HD, not UHD. But the email included a code to get UHD copies of those two titles on Movies Anywhere.

So I’ll call that an unexpected win.
You probably redeemed those two 4K/3D combo packs on the Sony Pictures Store website and linked to UltraViolet, and that is how Sony figured on upgrading those titles to UHD. Those redeemed as HD for me, too, at least on Vudu (and are still HDX - but Vudu does not offer either of those movies in UHD yet), but at the time did redeem as UHD on ULTRA.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I received the email today, too. After redeeming the code, twelve of my films upgraded to 4K on iTunes. None of them upgraded on Vudu. Here are the films I received the code for:

The Shallows
The Bridge On The River Kwai
Labyrinth
Passengers (2016)
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind (Director's Cut)
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind (Special Edition)
Starship Troopers
Bram Stoker's Dracula
The Professional
Underworld
The Fifth Element

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I received the email today, too. After redeeming the code, twelve of my films upgraded to 4K on iTunes. None of them upgraded on Vudu. Here are the films I received the code for:

The Shallows
The Bridge On The River Kwai
Labyrinth
Passengers (2016)
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind (Director's Cut)
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind (Special Edition)
Starship Troopers
Bram Stoker's Dracula
The Professional
Underworld
The Fifth Element
Most of those titles were on my list as well, and upon further investigation, Vudu still does not offer those in UHD yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks