What's new

Sony STR-DE975 feedback (1 Viewer)

Reni D

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up a Sony STR-DE975. I got a good deal that I could not resist. I just wanted to see if anyone has this receiver and what there feedback is.

Im also having problems listening the DVDs in DTS with it. I tried reading the manual but I cant seem to find anything on the how to turn on or off the DTS fetuares.

please help

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
As far as DTS is concerned, you'll have to go into your DVD player's set-up menu to enable it to out put DTS. Then obviously you have to choose the DTS track from the actual DVD audio menu. If your receiver is set to auto format decode, you should be all set.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm not sure you really want an honest opinion about any of the DE line from Sony... The amps are weak and the sound quality is not there. But if you got a REALLY good deal, then it is probably OK.

I got an excellent deal on a 475 ($150 new) for the bedroom to replace my 815, and ended up getting rid of it within a week because it was not satisfactory. My 6yr old 815 had a better amp section, and that is not saying much. I then replaced the 815 with a 1yr old Marantz SR4000, rated at 70X2 20-20K and it has absolutely no lack of power. Sound quality is vastly improved also. In my main system, I originally replaced the aged 815 with an SR6200 and the difference was a whole new world.

As for DTS - Ken covered it - must enable it in your DVD setup menu, select it from a disc that has DTS on it, set the receiver to auto or DTS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks