What's new

Sony STR-DE925 receiver w/ Sony RM AV3000 (1 Viewer)

Eric Wickitt

Agent
It's supposed to come factory pre-set to operate my SONY receiver, but I can't even get it to operate a function as simple as "test tone" right out of the box. Now, I realize that i can make it learn many of the functions of my STR-DE925 remote, but I didn't think I'd have to go through all of that. More importantly it seems that there are some functions of my STR-DE925 remote that I don't think this thing CAN learn-- ie: the Soundfield and GENRE selections....
any tips from anyone who's been there?

Another question, ... what is an "AIR EGG" remote,..i've read that older model SONY receivers and/or receivers that came with an "air egg" remote will not work with this model universal remote.

Thanks !

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Eric: I once used a Sony RM-AV2100 with my Sony DB830 receiver. There were codes I had to learn for it too. Who knows why Sony did this? Obviously, the remote builders division don't work with the receiver side of the business. My best advice is to go to the Sony forum at remotecentral.com. You'll find lots of help there for your 3000 remote.

The egg remote worked with Sony receivers that were known as Vision Touch series. The egg remote used radio frequency signals instead of infrared. The Vision Touch series was kind of convoluted in that the way you held the egg sent signals to the receiver. Then either the receiver did some kind of function or it sent out infrared signals itself to the other components in the setup. You had to use a TV with the egg so that you could see graphically how to hold it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks