What's new

Sony Str-db1070 Av Receiver Question... (1 Viewer)

akash_b

Auditioning
hey lads
seeing as this is the basics area i do have one real basic question here!
ok we just got a new HE system at home -
  • Sony KV-36FS70U 36" WEGA Widescreen TV
  • Sony STR-DB1070 AV Receiver
  • Sony SA-VE705 Pascal speakers and sub
what i want to know, basically is something about my amp.ive been reading a few reviews online about it,and they all say that it is has an onscreen display that should be used.
i cant seem to find out how to access that menu through the tv. any ideas/suggestions?
the only thing i can think of is that the amp has a few video connectors on the back of it, just above the audio phono cables that i have the connected into the tv.
well my tv doesnt have the corresponding video (yellow cououred) connectors on the back of it. it just has 3 scart connections and the two audio out phono connectors.
is this the problem?if not,would anybody else know how i could get to this onscreen menu??
any help is appreciated
cheers
akash

Mark H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Hyland
akash_b,

To utilise the on-screen display you will need to be using the S-video connections, which may be an inconvenience if you are using SCART (which I hope you are!) to connect the components together. However the on-screen display is crap and you're not missing out on much - trust me, I'm Irish!!!

Mark

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
As indicated, connect an S-Video cable from the Sony MONITOR OUT to the tv, then switch the tv's inputs to the appropriate Video 1, or Video 2, to see the display.

I am not familiar with euro style Scart plugs vs. S-Video on yr tv, so perhaps you can borrow a cable to check it out first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks