Sony SCD-XA777ES buying opinions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew Long, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Matthew Long

Matthew Long Extra

Hey all.

Im flirting _very_ seriously with buying one of these online. My current CD player is an Arcam 7Se. It sounds great, but I have an insatiable lust for the sony after reading about it on this and other bulletin boards.

Any advice/opinions? I want SACD something fierce, Im just curious about how regular cd playback on this unit is, compared with my Arcam.

With Oade bros., they have a 30 day return policy, so Ill have some time to decide if I like it, so I suppose I can just chance it and order one.

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Matthew, I have no doubts that the 'XA777ES will beat your Arcam with CDs. Oade Bros. currently sells the 'XA777ES for $2000, which I am quite confident is the best price you will find from an authorized dealer. OneCall and/or J&R might match that price. From what I have always been told, Oade Bros. has a 30-day return policy, but they charge a 15% restocking fee. J&R does not charge a restocking fee, but you do pay return shipping.