What's new

Sony SCD-XA777ES buying opinions (1 Viewer)

Hey all.

Im flirting _very_ seriously with buying one of these online. My current CD player is an Arcam 7Se. It sounds great, but I have an insatiable lust for the sony after reading about it on this and other bulletin boards.

Any advice/opinions? I want SACD something fierce, Im just curious about how regular cd playback on this unit is, compared with my Arcam.

With Oade bros., they have a 30 day return policy, so Ill have some time to decide if I like it, so I suppose I can just chance it and order one.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Matthew, I have no doubts that the 'XA777ES will beat your Arcam with CDs. Oade Bros. currently sells the 'XA777ES for $2000, which I am quite confident is the best price you will find from an authorized dealer. OneCall and/or J&R might match that price. From what I have always been told, Oade Bros. has a 30-day return policy, but they charge a 15% restocking fee. J&R does not charge a restocking fee, but you do pay return shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks