What's new

Sony Sacd ce775 problems (1 Viewer)

Steven Hen

Stunt Coordinator
I bought 5 new cds this weekend. 4 of the 5 don't play in the 775 (3 months old). The player reads the TOC fine but when I hit the play button, the player locks up. I have to hit the stop button a couple of times and then eject. As drawer ejects, the cd is still spinning. These cds in question play just fine in my other cd players.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem with the 775.

AaronD

Stunt Coordinator
It sounds like you have a defective unit, I've never had a problem with mine reading anything. I've especially never had a disc come out spinning.

Does anyone know if the CE775 uses a separate laser for CD and SACD? Something tells me that it does.

-Aaron

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Steven,

Something certainly is wrong with your 'CE775. If you are past a 30-day return period from wherever you bought the player, you will have to send it in for service.

Aaron,

SACD requires a different laser than CD. Since an SACD has smaller pits than a CD, a laser of smaller wavelength is required. As I recall, CD uses a 650-nm wavelength laser, while SACD uses a 780-nm wavelength laser. I am almost certain that the 'CE775 and all current Sony SACD players use a "dual-focus" lens, which means that there are two lasers and just one lens. The first-generation SCD-1 and SCD-777ES have completely separate laser assemblies, including separate lenses for SACD and CD.

Jose T

Stunt Coordinator
I've had this unit for overa year with no problems. As everyone suggest already, you have a defective unit. All the things I've about this player have been postive. Wish the remote would power up the unit ! Good luck.

AaronD

Stunt Coordinator
Keith,

I wasn't sure if it used the same laser akin to what some DVD players do in order to cut costs.

Isn't SACD structured very closly to DVD on a physical level?

-Aaron

Steven Hen

Stunt Coordinator
hope you get the 'CE775 back soon.
Me too! This is only a minor crisis since I have a 555ES in my main system. Now I see the value of having more than one system, well at least I can now justify multiple systems to the wife! Damn, she still doesn't get it, oh well!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Steven, I forgot that you have the 'C555ES too. You have to have a back-up system, or in your case, a front-up system! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks