What's new

Sony Makes The First Move......PS2 Price Down To $199 (1 Viewer)

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
The only problem with your theory Jed, is the fact that Nintendo is still minting money. Sega didn't pull out of the industry because they didn't have exclusive third-party titles; they pulled out because their accountants were seeing red.
For Nintendo to pull out of the next generation, their hardware (GC and GBA) would have to be A)Having poor sales & B)Lacking software support.
Well, the fact that the GC is 2nd in terms of worldwide sales (current generation consoles), and the fact that there are 5 million GBA in North America alone; that should be enough to dispel A.
For B, see Link Removed. And that was only what was shown on the E3 show floor.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Like I said, I hope you two are right because its my preference of the three. Morgan, Ive seen some of those shots too and I am pretty excited.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
The Gamecube has a larger installed base than X-Box both in the U.S. and Japan. Not to mention a whole slew of franchises (Mario, Donkey Kong, Wave Race, Zelda, etc.), something even Microsoft doesn't have.

Nintendo ain't going anywhere.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Brian, a larger combined install base or larger in the US and larger in Japan?

Have any current numbers to back that up?

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Just curious, but do your friends in the industry have any thought about Nintendo's future?
Nintendo isn't going anywhere. As long as the Gameboy series of consoles continue to sell like mad, as long as Miyamoto is still making a new Mario for each generation, and as long as Metroid, Zelda, and Pokemon continue to be everyone's favorites, the company will do fine. For some reason, people tend to forget that Nintendo also produces the Gameboy which is a massive money maker.

Dave_Olds

Stunt Coordinator
Never underestimate the tenacity of Bill Gates - if he wants something bad enough, he will get it....The guy was ruthless even before he had ways of using his clout. Did you ever see that documentary about him - WOW....

Remember, Apple/Mac was and still is a superior GUI, but the general public doesnt know it or care and there is only one reason why....

Dave

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
Apple/Mac was and still is a superior GUI
smiley_puke.gif

Hmmm... Well, some might argue that, but I guess that is not the point of this thread...

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Remember, Apple/Mac was and still is a superior GUI
...and with a pre-emptive, multitasking, non-crashing GUI that fit on a single floppy, in 1985; the Amiga blew them all away.
Too bad Commodore didn't do dick to promote it here in the states.
But, we are getting off topic. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks