What's new

Sony KP-46WT510 question (1 Viewer)

StevenFC

Second Unit
On my Sony KP-46WT510 there is a vertical line in the grey bar on the right side when I'm watching 4x3 material and a corresponding line on the left that's in the picture area. It doesn't seem to affect the picture-unless it's the cause of the green flashes on bright images-but the square test pattern on the THX test is not lined up properly. So something is definitely not lined up properly.

Is anyone familiar with this problem? Is it something I should worry about or that is affecting the quality of what I'm watching? The weird thing is, I would expect for the 4x3 image to not completely fill the 4x3 area because of this--but it fills it completely. Any ideas?

Any replys would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Jeff W.

Stunt Coordinator
Nothing like that on mine. Have you centered the image and calibrated the overscan with the service menu? I haven't yet, but that may help.

StevenFC

Second Unit
Well, I did manage to get into the service menu and messed with the horizontal size and position. I didn't fix the alignment issue at all. All that happens is the entire picture area moves without the picture adjusting itself to fit squarely within the 4x3 area. It essentially just gives you more grey bar on either side of the picture. That's not my problem.

Also on the manual convergence screen the crosses are not lined up squarely within the tv screen. It's almost like the CRTs or something else in the cabinet are physically not aligned properly.

I can't figure out which setting in the service menu has to do with overscan, so I can't say that's not the issue.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE someone help me.....:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks