What's new

Sony DV34XBR960 (1 Viewer)

Kei

Auditioning
Who is an expert on this TV? It's my understanding this is the finest tube money can buy. I've been using a $250.00 TV for 10 years and I'm ready to treat myself right.

However, I want to make sure i'm not going overboard. I have an opportunity to get a great deal on this TV. Any comments/suggestions about buying a top quality tube TV are appreciated here. Also - I have these questions:

This TV comes with a cable card slot. Will DirecTV be able to utilize this slot?

I've already invested in DirecTV with TiVo. I don't want to lose that functionality. Should I just buy a separate HDTV DirecTV receiver and switch between the two? Switch to cable? EEK! Go with an Antenna? What makes sense with this TV and this situation?

Is there anything out there that can use the HDMI interface?

Finally - Is there anyplace I can go to read about all the features listed on the spec sheet? (I can't post URLs. Spec sheet is at Sonystyle.com)

Thanks for your comments!
Kei

Seth_L

Screenwriter
The CableCARD slot only works with cable TV, not DirecTV or DiSH.

You can get a DVI to HDMI adapter. There are a few DVD players coming out this fall with HDMI as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks